The Ogun State Polytechnic of Health and Allied Sciences was established to:
- Provide courses of instructions leading to award of Diploma, National Diploma, Higher National Diploma, Degree, Certificate and other distinctions in Medical and Health Sciences, Health Technology, Social and Management Sciences;
- Provide special professional training and re-training in courses in Medical and Health Sciences and all related Subject whether leading to College distinction or not, for such persons as may be prescribed taking into consideration at all times the requirement of both the State and Federal Ministries of Health; and Education.
- To provide well qualified middle level technical manpower in accordance with the policies of the State and Federal Ministries of health and Education that will facilitate Primary Health Care Service delivery at all levels;
- To conduct research with particular reference to the development of techniques for enhancing the quality of health care and Management in the State;
- Arrange conferences, seminar/workshops, tours and like activities in Health care delivery in Ogun State and Nigeria in general.